Position: Music, Marketing and Events Coordinator (Contract)
Period: Winter / Spring 2018
Application Deadline: Tuesday, October 31st 2017
Do you believe in rock n roll? Can music save your mortal soul? If you can answer yes to both of these questions...and you think that you’re a rockstar, in every sense of the word, then we should chat about an opportunity with Front Row Center Music and Entertainment Marketing (FRC).
About Front Row Center Music & Entertainment
We are a Toronto-based ‘music marketing’ agency that specializes in using music as a platform to cultivate relevant, authentic and unforgettable connections between brands, bands and fans. We work with and have expert knowledge of the top North American music and entertainment properties such as concerts, national tours, music festivals and artists. FRC’s relationships with promoters, agents, managers and brands, allow for unparalleled access to opportunities that a traditional agency cannot provide. We leverage these relationships to deliver added value and ‘money-can’t-buy’ experiences for the brands and properties that we work with.
If you know the difference between the Rolling Stones, Stone Temple Pilots and The Stone Roses...you might just have what it takes. We are looking for a passionate candidate that understands what it means to multi-task a variety of responsibilities at a traditional agency, while at the same time, providing unique benefits that come with your own style, flare and personality.
FRC is a truly unique agency and we encourage our staff to be themselves (where your fave band tee to work, play your music in the office, voice your opinion). But we also expect the utmost professionalism from our team. The ideal FRC candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Mature and Responsible
- Hard-working, Resourceful and Driven
- Intelligent, ‘Street smart’ and utilizes Common sense
- Creative and a Dreamer, yet Calculated and Organized
- An inherent sense of personal pride that demands a task is done to perfection – every time
- Above all, we want someone who just GETS IT – no egos, self-entitlement, negative vibes or bad attitudes
FRC is a tight knit agency that works collaboratively on all programs and projects. Because of this, specific job duties, responsibilities and skill-sets will vary beyond the below tasks (variety is the spice of life!), but if we were pressed to provide a day-to-day snapshot of this position, the newest FRC band member will:
- Assist in ideation, brainstorming and concept / program development
- Write and create brand / program presentation decks in PowerPoint and / or Adobe InDesig
- Create and manage Excel spreadsheets with info regarding sponsorship deliverables, event programming, brand prospect ‘hit lists’ and more
- Manage suppliers, budgets, brand ambassadors and asset production for a variety of programs
- Manage set-up, execution and tear-down of on-site experiential activations
- Conduct research projects on industry related activities and trends (with a critical eye to pull relevant conclusions from the data collected)
- Management and Curation of FRC’s social media pages (FB, Twitter, Instagram and SnapChat
- Manage clients in conjunction with other senior FRC staff members
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition (brands / properties / agencies)
- Support with creation Scope of Work (SOW), budget and contract documents
- Support with all office administration including expenses, invoicing, payroll, printer / phones / stationary, FRC website management, etc.
- Go to live music shows frequently, to stay in touch with new music and the larger music scene in Toronto and throughout Canada
- Represent FRC at conferences, expos and other industry events to help promote FRC’s capabilities, relationships and expertise
- Possess an insatiable desire to constantly be learning more about both the marketing and music industries (for the right candidate this isn’t a job requirement – it’s a way of life)
To reach us, send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com